As with all financial accounts, it is important to protect your PayPal account by creating strong passwords.
A good password should contain at least eight characters, with a mixture of numbers, upper- and lowercase letters, and symbols.
Here are some steps to change or strengthen your password to keep PayPal safe.
How to change your PayPal password
- Open PayPal.com from a web browser Only the website can change your password, not the mobile app.
- Click on the Settings icon (the gear in the upper right corner of the window).
- To switch to the Security tab, click "Security".
- Enter your password
- First, enter your current password. Next, enter the new password.
- Click "Change Password."
Resetting your PayPal password when you are unable to log in
You can reset your password if you are unable to log in to your PayPal account.
- Open PayPal.com from a web browser
- At the top of the screen, click "Log in".
- Click "Logging in difficult
Follow these instructions. To reset your password, enter your email address. If you don't know which email address is associated with your account, click on "Forgot your Email?"
Next, type up to three email addresses that you may have used to access the account. Click "Next" to receive a reset email.